Tuesday, November 17, 2009

18 weeks

How has it already been 18 weeks? How is it that time can fly by so fast? How is it the my little man that use to love to cuddle up on my chest and would fall fast aleep can no longer sit still? All he wants to do is look around and take in the world. ::SIGH:: My little guy is growing up so fast.

I took Jackson to his 4 month appointment yesterday. Doc says he's perfect, but I already knew that :) He offically weighed in at 16lbs 11oz (75%), and 24.5 inches (50%). He gave us the okay to start on solids, and as big as his appetite is, I'm sure he will do fine. I will post pictures and an update when it happens.

We had a great weekend. My mom and dad came to Greenville Saturday to hang out with Jackson. Mom and I were able to get a lot of Christmas shopping done. I still have a lot left, but being the procrastinator that I am, it's rare that I have this much done 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Al's parents also stopped by for a quick visit, and it was great to see them.

Sunday, Jackson and I packed up and went to church with Shawn and Blaine. There were a group of young boys there from a Baptist group home in Tarboro (the Kennedy Center). Their stories were touching, but sad. They were a strong bunch of boys that had been through a lot and I pray that they continue on in such a positive manor. After church we went over to the inlaws house for a bit. my nephew Blaine is growing up so fast. he's at that age now where he is so curious and IN.TO.EVERYTHING. He is wide open, and so much fun!

All in all, great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. A blog post without pictures just isn't a blog post, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete